Fraught with danger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems electrical work is fraught with danger. Either from doing a dodgy job jourself and setting fire to your house. Or by getting in an electrician who wear's a stetson. All the non stetson ones seem to be very busy indeed. Us DIYers find ourself in this situation; we know something we want to do is notifiable and ring up and ring up untill someone agrees to do it. Then find out they can't self certify because they say something like - 'Nah don't worry about that you don't need to to do that - 500 notes please'. But we know that this work is illegal until notified - so who's at fault?

Anyway rant over. Lights are fitted (no new circuit) and when I did it there wasn't a bathroom there gov - honest! I know. I know, if I'm going to put a bog in that room I need to notify someone...

Sponsored Links
Is it a location containing a bathtub or shower basin? A room with just a toilet is not a special location.
I take it someone did the work for you? Did they provide a certificate for their work?

Are you trying to rile me up again!! :eek:

The point was I couldn't find someone to do the work I wanted - so had to do the work myself - that I'm allowed to do... turns out pre wired downlights are OK.

And there is no toilet or bath or shower there (yet) that job may happen next year.

Sponsored Links
if its going to be a toilet, you deffinetly will need some "paperwork"

(probably about 4 inches wide and very very long :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back