Freds new flat

Sponsored Links
Freds phoned, LEB (or whatever) are ther now and straight away took out the Chilton and top tails...
To make it safer LEB have Installed a new back board for meter and new 100A isolator and tails, moved the 20A MCB to the cooker and disconnected the 10.5Kw shower (30A fuseholder with 3 bits of fuse wire).
Since when does a DNO do work like that??

Sponsored Links
agree with most of whats written above.

I was going to add a few more, but i now have a sore neck from trying to look sideways at the pictures.

All looks a bit suspect, i would love to see a copy of the previous report. Something J.K.Rowling might be pleased with!

Although I agree with the lack of IP4X for top surface, i was more concerned with what appears to be lack of IP 2X to bottom surface, adjacent to un-insulated bus bar, nice!! :eek:

I have been LEB were there and I guess it was them as they have altered the supply side of the meter etc, I don't know how far they went with the rest of it, swapping a couple of MCB's don't take much.

Sorry its sideways, I cant find a way of turning it.

I always remember these boards as having exposed live bars just with odd bits of plastic sleeve, is that because any covers get dumped?

I'd love to see the report too, bearing in mind its a newly rented property through a large agency.

The flat itself is very nice and is best part of ground level of an old 4 storey house. To be honest the leccy was a surprise as everything else is to a high standard although a little tired.

I think it was common to see un-insulated bus bars in this kind of c/u.

I was looking at the hole in the bottom surface, third knockout from right.
Maybe 10mm+ ??
IMO, not good that close to live copper.

the problem with this type of Wylex Standard is not so much the bare busbars (as the main switch isolates them, and they should not be accessible when the cover is on (unless some dummy has left open knockouts, like this one). It is the exposed terminals on the live side of the main switch (or RCD).

Later models had little plastic terminal covers, which Wylex used to send out free on request. Mind your fingers when fitting them though :eek:

windows preview does it for you..

I did that and uploaded 5 images, tried to use them and the folder was blank, uploaded them as they are and it worked. I guessed that was the issue.
I'll try again sometime.

Here's one I prepared earlier... ;)

SUNRAYsPIC.jpg

I think it was common to see un-insulated bus bars in this kind of c/u.

I was looking at the hole in the bottom surface, third knockout from right.
Maybe 10mm+ ??
IMO, not good that close to live copper.

I didn't note that one over and above the rest, you are correct but at least its at the bottom and nothing will fall in. Or is it actually worse being hidden from view?

Thanks for turning the pics, the black tails show better too.

I must spend some time playing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back