Free Atmos Training Day For DIYnot RGI's

Sponsored Links
I don't have schematic but yes you can. Basically you connect it to the system as per normal but you leave it topping up of the header tank and take out the old system pump. You also need to cap the of the vent pipe to stop it pumping over. it's as simple as that!

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
I don't have schematic but yes you can. Basically you connect it to the system as per normal but you leave it topping up of the header tank and take out the old system pump. You also need to cap the of the vent pipe to stop it pumping over. it's as simple as that!

What's the minimum head then & what's the pressure switch set at? Does the feed & expansion need to be connected at the boiler? Is a combined F&E ok??

Any chance of even a fag packet sketch?

And the chance to meet the likes of Telly Tony and Mickey and perhaps even the Scruff?

If Scruff needs further encouragement, I can arrange free B&B for him in Cov and we could have a nice curry in the evening either in Cov or in Nuneaton.

Tony

Think about it when you have dates.

Don't forget 8 of us are doing Intergas Bromsgrove on the 12th May.

Andy, just to let you know my boiler has just arrived, thanks for getting that out quickly for me. best wishes.

Andy, just to let you know my boiler has just arrived, thanks for getting that out quickly for me. best wishes.

I got a coffee and a mug when I picked mine up just now ;)

Found Andy sweeping up in the warehouse :LOL:

What's the minimum head then & what's the pressure switch set at? Does the feed & expansion need to be connected at the boiler? Is a combined F&E ok??

Any chance of even a fag packet sketch?

Pressure switch!!! what pressure switch.. we don't like things like that... just more stuff to break! If you have looked at the construction of the h/e you'll see it is just a solid lump of metal and all the temp sensing is done on the block rather than the water so you ain't gonna cook it. Hence it doesn't matter if you run the thing dry cos once the metal block is up to temp it just shuts off.

You have to leave the F&E connected on the boiler to cover the safety regs although it will never be used.

It is as I said before you simply connect up the flow, return and gas on the boiler and run a condense pipe and blow off pipe as per normal then you just cap off the vent pipe going up to the header tank and remove the old external system pump. Wire up the controls onto the 240v (unless you are putting in low voltage controls) side of the board and away you go. The only thing you'll notice change on the system is the bills will go down! :LOL:

I can do a sketch but it really is that simple... and my sketches aren't pretty! :oops:

I was up there a few weeks ago , would have to say its a very good course ! certainly different to any other manu courses I have been on !

A case of practice what u preach , they install them as well , the installer fella who was there gave a useful insight into the product !

One thought Andy, I thought all boilers on a sealed system needed to have a low pressure cut-out switch?? Not sure one or two thermistors would cover that reg.??!!!

One thought Andy, I thought all boilers on a sealed system needed to have a low pressure cut-out switch?? Not sure one or two thermistors would cover that reg.??!!!

Atmos has not , loads of heat only boilers are sealed up there is no low water pressure cut off switch ? or flow switches ?

As I understand it the Atmos/ Intergas heat exc can be dry fired with no ill effect , few manus could claim that , with the exception of the Keston thermomatic ( not made anymore ) It should also be noted that the Atmos can be used as a water heater only no heating system connected !

My understanding was that the low-pressure switch was one of the three forms of protection for a sealed system, as with a unvented cylinders??
Don't ask me what regulation sealed central heating systems would fall under, I've not a clue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back