Free tiling advice

Sponsored Links
My tiling problem is that I don't know how to find a reputable tiling company in the London area.

My tiling problem is that I don't know how to find a reputable tiling company in the London area.

im not allowed to advertise on here or give url's but you could always see my profile for contact details.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand what you mean.

I'm looking for someone in the SE. Do you know of a company then?

hello softus im a tiling contractor in south london but im not allowed to post anything to do with advertising. You can see my user name right?

As for the doubters ive been working all weekend and only just had a chance to check my messages. im going to keep this post going for as long as i can to help people with problems. Unfortunatly roughcasters problems are unsolvable and they?? clearly have to much time on their hands. try doing something useful with it

Ok quit with the whining and get dishin' out the "free advice"! Oh by the way, as far as I know, no one charges for advice on here. ;)

hello softus im a tiling contractor in south london but im not allowed to post anything to do with advertising. You can see my user name right?
Yes, but I thought you would recommend a tiling company in the SE area of London, so I'm confused.

No member is allowed to advertise free on the forum, so I don't understand why you keep mentioning advertising.

cmdceramics";p="918703 said:

As for the doubters ive been working all weekend and only just had a chance to check my messages. im going to keep this post going for as long as i can to help people with problems.
Unfortunatly roughcasters problems are unsolvable,
and they?? clearly nave to much time on their hands. Try doing something useful with it.

Don't be silly "Cinderamics" :confused: :rolleyes: ..... this is DIYnot, where contributors do no more than share their knowledge and experience, without any thought for personal gain. One of the worthiest things that a person can give to another IS some of their spare time, and there is nothing MORE useful than to spend that time at least trying to help someone solve a problem,with no strings attatched...... You got any problem with that?

Roughcaster.

I'm getting my kitchen done and it's in an extension that was probably built 20 years ago. The floor is thick ply and had vinyl tiles on it which I covered over with lino 10 years ago. I want porcelain tiles now so I've pulled the lot up - the orginal vinyl tiles came up so easily I didn't even need elbow grease. The floor seems sound and no remains of adhesive.

My kitchen fitter is saying he wants his tiler to have a look before quoting to fit because he said something about porcelain tile adhesive not taking where vinyl tile adhesive once was - might be okay for a few years but the chickens will eventually come home to roost. I don't want to pull the floor up so he's said I might have to put a fresh layer of 6mm marine ply on top - with the tile and underfloor heating it will be raised considerably. Am surprised that there's nothing that would seal the floor to take the porcelain tile. Any thoughts?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back