Freeview

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone out there got an audioline fta3000 freeview box? If you have do you have the dvd/video running through it as well in the scart socket at the back? If so..........How the hell do you switch to the dvd picture?????????????????????????????? :evil:

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't matter about what model you have Thermo. How have you got it connected up? You should have a scart lead from the freeview to the video and then another from the video to the TV. When you say dvd in your post, do you mean a regular dvd player or a dvd recorder? If it's just a player and you want to connect it to the same scart socket in the tv as the freeview box then you're gonna need a scart switching box.

I think Thermo's got a freeview box with 2 scarts - one is marked TV, the other marked "video/dvd etc"

If you have connected like this, the freeview should switch to the DVD picture on DVD power up. This is how most of these devices work. The aux input overrides the device's output.

Like your TV - turn on the Sky box / freeview box and the Sky/freeview picture appears, overriding terrestrial TV.

RTFM ;)

Sponsored Links
crafty thats excatly what ive got. the tv has got one scart socket. The freeview box has two sockets on the back, one marked tv the other marked dvd/video. I have a normal dvd player. The scart goes from the dvd player to the freeview box. The other scart goes from the freeview box to the tv. (yes they are in the right sockets!) Nothing happens when on power up. :cry:

Sorry I don't mingle with low end gear. ;)
Seriously though, have you read the instructions that came with the freeview box?
If this is a christmas present, be prepared to take it back - it's been a record year for dodgy presents this year for me. It can't just be me.

I've got a Thomson box with same set up, and Crafty is right, switching either box on will override the one currently in use.

If my DVD is playing, and the digibox is on, when I turn off the DVD, freeview comes back on the screen.

Is it the leads you are usiing? Some scart leads only have the audio and video connections, without any of the control leads.

We have one set up like this, and powering off the freeview box does allow the DVD to connect to the TV. However, we have to manually select the AV input on the TV instead of it switching automatically.

The setup in another room does work automatically.
One day I will get round to checking through all the leads I have, and which leads work correctly on each setup.......

Now, should that be TV - DVD recorder - Decoder - VCR?
Or is TV - VCR - Decoder - DVD a better setup?
Or TV - Decoder - VCR..........
Or TV - VCR......... :confused:

Thanks for your help. Its about a year old and we had it set up on the tv in our room as per the instructions and no joy. Prior to this post i set it up in our teenage daughters room and still had the problem. I was going to get a scart spilter, after spending hours trying to get it to work. Went in her room this afternoon........"what channel you watching?......its not its a dvd......did you change the scart then?.......no just turned the dvd on!! :rolleyes:

(yes it was on before you pass comment!) Dont you just love technology! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back