Freezer too cold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, newbie here! I've inherited a beko frost free fridge freezer approx 3 years old I believe. Manu code CFD5834APB. I bought a thermometer because the freezer feels really cold! Its reaching the end of -40. The stick doesn't go any higher. Should I be concerned or have I just got used to my old freezer of 15 years . Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Ok so its fridge freezer, depends on its set up, you could have a problem that is the fridge is not getting cold enough so its telling compressor to run, & the fridge probable works by getting its 'cold' from the freezer.
My fridge freezer has a fan & flap, so that opens & blows the cold to the fridge.
Check you have no blockages (yes it could be blocked with ice)

Standard temperatures -18°C freezer (freezing point of brine) fridge +4°C going below -18°C is really pointless. With frost free at some point it needs to heat the cooling bits to defrost likely twice a day. So being too cool will likely mean it it will not defrost.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all. I shall check each point. Hopefully come back with a result

That you for your help everyone. It seemed to correct it self, for a while , until I woke this morning to find it not on at all. Switched off and back on again it made a very low hum for about 2 hours then turned off again. Guess they dont make them like they used to.

If your kitchen or wherever it's situated is cool or cold that can affect the running of it.

If your kitchen or wherever it's situated is cool or cold that can affect the running of it.
Hi, no its in same place same conditions the other freezer was in. Found out this evening it had been stood in her garage for 2 years prior to me having it. So maybe that's had a bad effect on it. The fan is still turning on it , it just doesn't seem to get cold. It's a bit chillier than a fridge , so managed to save a bit of the food that's defrosted. I wouldn't even know where to start testing parts.

As you've already been advised to 'turn it off then turn it on again' that just leaves us with the 'have you tried turning it upside down for a bit?'
remedy. :ROFLMAO:

:LOL::LOL: Excellent idea!!
Looking at a raised planter in the garden option now! :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back