French Colonial Empire.Good or Bad?

I suppose the one thing that all empires gave to there colonial subjects in abundance is

V.D :idea:

Sponsored Links
What did we give our colonies?

Cricket

In 2010, the IPL became the first sporting event in the world to be broadcast live on YouTube. The brand value of the IPL in 2019 was ₹475 billion (US$6.7 billion), according to Duff & Phelps. According to BCCI, the 2015 IPL season contributed ₹11.5 billion (US$160 million) to the GDP of the Indian economy.

Sponsored Links
Papillon speaks highly of the French colonies, not so keen on the penal system though, apparently.

Bobby Dazzler not so rabide about commenting on French Colonisation.
I'm glad you missed me Durhamplumber. As long as you remember I'm not at your beck and call, even if you can't manage without me. :whistle:
You're going to have to learn to educate yourself without my constant assistance. But let us continue for now.

I have no intention of defending, excusing nor denying the atrocities committed by the creation of any empire.

A simple question, what do you think is the driving forces for the creation of an empire, say the French Empire, the German Empire, the Belgians or the Dutch?
Perhaps Harry's comment might help you to form an opinion:
I worked 50 years, helping to build this country to what it is today, the post war shortages recovering from the war, paying tax, NI etc.. -

Last edited:
The usual knob jockey seems to be avoiding this one.
Sorry to disappoint you. Some of us do not allow DIYnot to interfere with our other interests.
Just to satisfy your interest in my past times, I've begun a new project. and it's rather a lengthy one.
It's a new arrangement, for our band when we can get back together to play, of Clare Grundman's The Blue and the Gray

I'm glad you missed me Durhamplumber. As long as you remember I'm not at your beck and call, even if you can't manage without me. :whistle:
You're going to have to learn to educate yourself without my constant assistance. But let us continue for now.

I have no intention of defending, excusing nor denying the atrocities committed by the creation of any empire.

A simple question, what do you think is the driving forces for the creation of an empire, say the French Empire, the German Empire, the Belgians or the Dutch?
Perhaps Harry's comment might help you to form an opinion:
Not much to say then on French historical colonial atrocities..You are as predictable as the sunrise.

Sorry to disappoint you
Never...You have 100% proved my point that you are the biggest by far of the anti UK biased shìt stirring individuals on here.I have produced all the evidence I need to..You are guilty..I am right...Case Closed..No appeals.

Just skip all the nonsensical abuse, Durhamplumber, and answer my question. It's a relatively easy question to answer.
It's based on an adult, rational discussion.

Sponsored Links
Back