The British Empire Good or Bad........

Sponsored Links
You missed out Religion.
You missed me mentioning it. I did mention it yesterday.
Read the other thread.

Apart from that I'd also like to question why people are trying to re-write history to suit today's sensibilities. What is done, is done.
The British education system has re-written history to suggest that the British Empire was created for benevolent reasons, which is dishonest and utter crap. It refuses to accept or recognise the true motives behind the creation of British Empire, while simultaneously decrying other empires.
And the laughable thing is, so many have been so indoctrinated into this belief, they genuinely refuse to accept any other possibility.

One of the benefits of history is learning from it, hiding the facts narrows peoples minds.
Precisely, but the UK still hide its atrocities and refuses to recognise them.

Many of the people of African heritage would not be able to take advantage of European (by that I include USA and similar countries) education and benefits, in fact would they even been born without their forebearers being transported across the Atlantic?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I must remember to insist that all black people outside of Africa should be thoroughly grateful for the slave trade conducted by Europeans, and Americans. I must remember to remind all BAME people how lucky they are to be subjected to prejudice. If it wasn't for Europeans, they would never have experienced such sentiments. :rolleyes:
Are you for real?

So many people conveniently forget that a part of the slave trade was in Africa where tribes preyed on other tribes and sold on the people they captured (I not saying that was right but it happened - and is still happening today in the name of religion) not just to Europeans.
On a limited scale, yes, but they didn't create a whole system of bigotry to justify it. And the Europeans, of which Britain was the major player, transported millions of slaves, women and children and discarded them overboard at the least provocation.

I'm not condoning what was done in the past but I am pleased that today the descendants of the transported people are able to take advantage of the benefits of european heritage culture, that includes education and freedoms. They also enrich society by their presence but also weaken it by rewriting history.
Such BAME people are not suffering decades, even centuries of bigotry and discrimination. They should be grateful for their existence. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
They should be grateful for being killed at the least excuse in US? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Are you for real?

Read the other thread.

The British education system has re-written history to suggest that the British Empire was created for benevolent reasons, which is dishonest and utter crap. It refuses to accept or recognise the true motives behind the creation of British Empire, while simultaneously decrying other empires.
And the laughable thing is, so many have been so indoctrinated into this belief, they genuinely refuse to accept any other possibility.

I must remember to insist that all black people outside of Africa should be thoroughly grateful for the slave trade conducted by Europeans, and Americans. I must remember to remind all BAME people how lucky they are to be subjected to prejudice. If it wasn't for Europeans, they would never have experienced such sentiments. :rolleyes:
Are you for real?

On a limited scale, yes, but they didn't create a whole system of bigotry to justify it. And the Europeans, of which Britain was the major player, transported millions of slaves, women and children and discarded them overboard at the least provocation.

Such BAME people are not suffering decades, even centuries of bigotry and discrimination. They should be grateful for their existence. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
They should be grateful for being killed at the least excuse in US? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Are you for real?
As said...You are churning up centuries of History and seeing them with todays laws values norms etc...No one is being indoctrinated with views that all British Empire was good...India.The West Indies..etc.etc..All there for anyone to read...Your intrinsic hatred of all things UK is surfacing again..You need to address that.

And the Europeans, of which Britain was the major player, transported millions of slaves, women and children and discarded them overboard at the least provocation.
If it is all top secret,hushed up and everyone is indoctrinated to believe otherwise...How come the above is common knowledge?

Sponsored Links
Read the other thread.

Are you for real?

Are you for real?
AD774AD6-5D54-43FF-B1C2-3F18C4C2FC1D.jpeg

Bridgetown Barbados..The original Nelson's column...400 years old...Only now do some locals want it removed...They have not ranted and raged about it for 400 years.

NELSON.
His popularity came because Bajan planters and merchants were very grateful and relieved not to become a French West Indian colony.. Oh Dear Razzler.. ..

As said...You are churning up centuries of History and seeing them with todays laws values norms etc...No one is being indoctrinated with views that all British Empire was good...India.The West Indies..etc.etc..All there for anyone to read...
In case you haven't noticed we live in today's society, with today's values and morals.
But the British sensibilities refuse to adjust their view of history.

Your intrinsic hatred of all things UK is surfacing again..You need to address that.
Your putting your blinkered opinion on others motives.
You refuse to accept or acknowledge that empire creation is intrinsically immoral, and you accuse me of unworthy intentions?

Now where is that quote of you accepting that empires are bad, that you keep repeating you had said?

If it is all top secret,hushed up and everyone is indoctrinated to believe otherwise...How come the above is common knowledge?
You're being absurd. No-one suggested it is top secret, no-one suggested it is being hushed up. History has been re-written to suggest that British Empire was created with benevolent intentions, which is palpably false, so palpably false yet so indoctrinated that you refuse to consider any other alternative.

How far back would you like to go? BC maybe? And see those events with 20/ 20 hindsight and judgement.
You're insisting on being absurd.
There is no valid reason for not seeing any historical event in today's values and morals.
Now let us introduce the biblical version of events. Should we accept those historical versions because they were the valid stories of their day?
Or should we view that in light of today's morals, scientific knowledge and laws?

Come come Razzler...Wake up.
Time for you to woke up and accept the real reason for the creation of empires, instead of the glossy version that you've been spoon fed.

You still haven't told us, in your opinion, what was the motive behind the creation of empires?

How I would rewrite British history, by a gammon (thedailymash.co.uk)

THE government is rightly holding a ‘heritage summit’ to defend British history against woke bastards, and I think rewriting the story of our proud island is a great idea. Here’s how I would improve it.

We won all the wars

Britain won loads of wars, so we’re entitled to add a few more. When my son gets an A+ for his essay about how the Paras defeated the Romans and the French at the Battle of Asterix, I’ll be proud as punch.

Slavery wasn’t all bad

Have you seen the price of a flight to the States? I expect a lot of Africans would have loved a free trip, particularly if you’ve never been on a boat before. Also I think British slave traders were probably just loveable entrepreneurs, like Del Boy.

Let’s have more ‘feel good’ history

It’s time to rid the history books of all that depressing, negative stuff like the Amritsar Massacre and replace it with positive British achievements we can all be proud of, like inventing the Dyson vacuum cleaner.

England has won every World Cup since 1966

As every England supporter knows, we only keep getting knocked out at the quarter-finals due to pure bad luck or cheating, so let’s award ourselves 55 years of World Cup trophies. I’m sure Baddiel could redo the song so it goes ‘Football’s never left’.

The EU collapsed in 2007

Once the Treaty of Lisbon was signed, the EU was doomed. It hasn’t actually happened yet, but after Brexit it will. There should be documentaries about how we had street parties. You could do it with actors and after 20 years your brain will think you were actually there.

Britain has colonised space

History isn’t about facts, so let’s pretend we’ve got an empire in space. I might pop over to see my hot new Saturnian girlfriend later in my car, the HMS Millennium Falcon.

Now stop it fillyboy, you'll be giving Durhamplumber an orgasm.
And he'll believe every word of it. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back