French sizes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went today to finish off self contained shower cubicle job.
All preparation done, or so I thought until tried to connect the inch and a half waste on to the trap that is supplied with the French manufactured Shower Cubicle.
It is a delta shower cubicle made for or by Saniflow & Kinedo.
The problem I seem to be having is that neither the solvent weld nor the push fit Hep fittings will enter the waste trap socket.
Is the Baker an ejit or has any one out there had this problem?
The socket is to small for 40mm waste be it pushfit or solvent weld (and far to big for 32mm)
The stuff I am trying to use is the Hep stuff that comes in 10 meter rolls and has adaptor ends to allow you to solvent weld an adaptor on the end of the flexible hose, so making sink and bath replacement work a lot easier
Tim, The Baker

Sponsored Links
Continental waste pipe sizes are different. For example 40mm is actually 40mm OD, rather than 43mm as with UK solvent weld. How typically perverse of these continentals! The solution to your problem is to find something that will adapt - would the OD of a 32mm fitting be large enough?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back