fridge not getting cold enough.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
beko LF320 fridge wont get cold enough, i bridged the motor conections so it would run continous , but even after running 12 hrs, it still only go,s as low as it did via the stat.
the door seal is ok. fridge has even been left switched off and defrosted for 24 hrs, hardly any ice showing on it anyway.
motor is working ok, fridge is where it has allways been.
is it ready for the bone yard ?. regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
prorbably.

fridges use a gas as a coolant, if everything elses is running then it has probably lost gas

yep breezer, guess your right, but out of curiosty as i know zilch about that side of it/ . if it looses gas cus of leak , why doesnt it loose it all ? .
im thinking on the lines of a puncture in a tyre goes flat.
also i suppose the motor has a pump inside to pump gas around. ?.
...regards. r.r.

i never learnt about fridges just what the other HP engineers told me, unless it is like a puncture, when you get one there is still some air in the tyre

Sponsored Links
yep/ guess your right about air still being in a tyre, i never thought it through proper. :) . thanks for your help anyway. regards.r.r.

fridges can loose gas slowly over time. Its more prevalent on comercial display fridges, and those with remote compressors, as they have more pipework, more joins etc. But even domestic fridges and freezers can develop tiny fractures that leak gas slowly over several years. Sometimes they leave the factory undercharged but this is rare.

thanks for reply, steve/ sorry about late reply. allways nice to know how these things work and what sort of things can create the problems etc with them. thanks again, regards. r.r.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back