Friends still around upstairs!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a terraced house with an extension at the rear with bathroom and kitchen in, only one floor. the roof isnt a flat roof but a sloping roof, so have loft space.

Last year we had a problem with rats in the loft, tried everything to get rid of them eventually the noises and smells stopped, great! until last week, got up to find no electric, the RCD had tripped, had this problem last time, rat had gnawed on the lighting cables and tripped everything. Thought nah, cant be the same problem, but sure enough the same lighting circuit was the problem, went into the bathroom and heard the little **** running about upstairs. B*****d. So I thought sod this, got in from work and went up there and set 4 traps, the black ones from B&Q, and fitted a socket up there and plugged one of them ultrasonic thingys in.

Put raw sausage on the traps, and left them, still loads of poison up there from the rat man last time, the good stuff!!! went away the weekend got back last night, thought right I check in the loft, and shock horror we have the acrobat rats back!! food gone off the traps but no rat, and they've managed to set the trap again! AAARRRRRRrrrrgggggggggggg

Damn them!!!!!

Does anybody know of any quick ways of getting rid of them, or the types of food they like?

I did a search before posting this and came up with:

Dog Food
Mars Bar
Sausage

Any others I can try?

We back onto a train track, so think there coming from there. We keep no food outside i.e. bin bags on floor etc. all holes filled with concrete lats year, all pointing in A1 condition, no cracked bricks, all drains have covers on, all roof tiles A1 condition. Rat man has put poison under man hole covers out back, we have no rear garden just a court yard if you can call it that! will post pictures later on of the property.

Any help really appreciated, wanted to sell house this year, no chance of that at the mo. Im doing a electricians course in a few weeks so going to be away from home for over a month so need a rat free environment while im away.

Thanks,

Gareth

Sponsored Links
Sounds good! Funnily enough we had a cat last year but died in july, since then weve had the rat problem. Would get another but, im allergic to them, the one we had i was alright with, first cat ive never been allergic to.

Oh well eagle it is!

Sponsored Links
rat1.jpg

Thats looking over the extension, see train track in distance and r huge court yard!! :D

rat2.jpg

Back of extension in alley way, the bin contains bricks, not got round to disposing of it yet.

rat3.jpg

Shows one of the holes I dumped shed loads of cement into.

R extension joins next doors 2 storey extension, could it be possible for them to be coming from next door through the cavety? not sure if the extensions were built together or seperately.

Inside loft:

rat6.jpg

Back wall leading onto train track

rat5.jpg

looking towards main house, and some crap poison from B&Q, trap on the right is the one food was taken from and it didnt go off, tried them all before i put them up ther only needed slight pressure to set the off.

rat4.jpg

ultrasonic thingy, havent had time to clip cable to wall, didnt want to spend that long up there :D

Just underneath the board is where i found the last dead one in a trap with no food in, thick ****.

Gaz

Nice one breezer, just bought a load more traps off flea bay, little ****s, there gonna think there in Afghanistan minefield muuhaahaaaaa

Got some xmas cake left over........:cool:

Gaz

Rentokil sell canisters of something that looks like grains of wheat but is coloured blue. We found it excellent. Once while in bed (when we had little tubs of it around the loft) we heard scampering overhead and then a horrible sound of death throes......
I had to struggle against feeling bad.... but at the end of the day rats have to go.

use some scrap metal sheets to make walls across the loft but provide handy little doors for the rats to go through the wall. With a trap set in the door. Has to be metal as the little sods will climb most other materials.

Or call in Action Man
5401.jpg
[/list]

The best rodent ejector I ever saw was set up in a factory making extruded plastic. The rodents loved the colouring agents. The staff arranged the easy route to the store was along a narrow ledge. One photo sensor and two compressed air jets controlled by the photocell. Once the rodent broke the beam of the sensor the jets activated and the rodent went sky diving into a skip filled with water and rodents trying to learn to swim.

but rats CAN swim (and may be go sufing on "logs" ) as they do live in sewers, so water is no problem

breezer said:
but rats CAN swim (and may be go sufing on "logs" ) as they do live in sewers, so water is no problem

Yes but after a few hours swimming they need to have a break on the sun beds, only the skip was one of those with vertical sides.

so you are saying they did the venitain milk bottle then (think about it)

Sponsored Links
Back