Friends still around upstairs!

was actually discussing this in the office today as my colleague has (or should that be 'had' now?) a mouse in his flat. His sister (who's a vet) said that the best thing to use on a trap was a mars bar as it's also quite sticky when you smear it on to the trap.

Sponsored Links
no nead to smaer it, just push it and it sticks,

good thing is though you should cut a slice off say 1cm wide (end) cut this in half and stick it to trap.

then you can eat the rest

breezer said:
you obviously didnt read all of the post i linked to[/
quote]

Hi Breezer - to which post were you replying here ? I was the previous one and I did read your link.

I forgot to say that we used to put a bit of peanut butter around traps - ;) they like that !

Sponsored Links
Yeah both mice and rats go mad for chocolate - I had lots of success with plain cooking chocolate back in my student days when living in a, shall I say less than desirable abode.

actually, one of the most effective mouse traps I've seen... was a toaster!

This was a communal toaster in the student digs I was living in and the mouse was caught in the crumb tray. God knows how long it had been there and god knows how many people enjoyed fried mouse on toast in the mornings! Just glad I didn't have breakfast back then!

We had a rat problem in our loft when first moved in. tried everything, poisen, traps etc.... even spent a few hours sitting in there with the air riffle.... no matter what we tried they kept coming back.

someone recomended a Rodent repellor, its a small device that plugs into a mains socket, it ommits a high freq noise (Humans cant hear it) but rats can, and they dont like it.....

Within 1 week of fitting one of these in the loft (Obviosly it took me a week to wire in a mains socket) they were gone.... 18 months later still no sign of them....

If i remember it cost 15 quid for a pack of three of these, i also put one in my garage and shed, as they work for mice too apparently... again never had a problem.

One of my neighbours had one of those electronic "pest" repellants.

I CAN HEAR THEM! AND THEY DRIVE ME INSANE!

[/rant]

Id love to know how you can hear them? they run at a freq that is completely un audiable to the human ear.... are you super man???

You said your niehbour HAD one.... did he get rid of it?

I haven't heard it for a while. It was a high-pitched chirping every 3 seconds or so, continuously, but I could only hear it at night because of the ambient noise in the day. (no it wasnt a cricket!)

All I can think is that he got a duff one that operated at too low a frequency? I cant think the margin between human hearing and animal hearing is that great, so they must have to be fine-tuned quite accurately. Though I do have very sensitive hearing as well, that might have something to do with it!

Ive got three working, one in loft, one in shed and one in garage.... never head a thing from them.... and never had any complaints in 18 months aince they were installed.... even friends / older relatives stopping over, one with a hearing aid, never said anything....

either they were being very polite or ....

I gues the one you heard was either a faulty one or one that actaully makes a noise.... ive seem them for sale online... they beep every few seconds... ideal for scaring cats out of your garden.... but iive a better way to get rid of cats... but thats another story....

I reccomend these Rat repellors to anyone.... best 15 quid i ever spent...

Crafty said:
I haven't heard it for a while. It was a high-pitched chirping every 3 seconds or so, continuously, but I could only hear it at night because of the ambient noise in the day. (no it wasnt a cricket!)

Are you sure you arn't getting old?

Remember that high pitched mobile ringtone the kids can hear but the teachers can't? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back