1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Frog tape puling off the Valspar paint!

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by grangened, 10 Jul 2017.

1. grangened

grangened

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does anyone have any ideas how i can fix this? The prev owners used dulux, which I stupidly painted over with Valspar. now the frog tape when doing the edging is pulling off the whole thing!
    See pic attached

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. cwhaley

cwhaley

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looks like it needs repainting over :( When doing the edging I honestly just just a decent cutting in brush. If you use tape, masking tape is better, or better still use a trimming guard or paint guard as it's sometimes called. They're in wickes, B&Q, etc.

When choosing our front room paint, I weighed up Valspar and Dulux. In the end we went for Dulux Endurance because I'd heard a few bad reviews for Valspar.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. green5

green5

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've found the Valspar paint great, I've had frogtape pull of Crown ceiling emulsion and Valspar emulsion...

5. grangened

grangened

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks everyone for your help! I redid the edging using with a paint guard and got a nice effect!

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links