From electric to central heating - cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to put an offer on a house I've fallen in love with but the current owners haven't updated the house for over 30 years which means, as well as entirely new wiring, it will need gas central heating and it currently has a mixture of very very old electric heaters.

Any idea how much it might set me back to put radiators, boiler etc, in a 3 bed, 2 reception house and put a water tank from bathroom into the attic...it also needs a new bathroom, would you suggest doing this all at the same time?

Unfortunately I'm within the M25 near Heathrow so I'm expecting to pay over the odds...any ball park figures would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Joe

Sponsored Links
I see you haven't had any answers - because it all depends...
There are cheap and nasty ways of doing things and posh expensive ways.
A combi system costa a fair bit less than one with hw storage. Unvented HW tanks , which are the only ones you normally can put in a loft, are expensive.
So the heating /hw from £2k to about £6.5k.
Bathroom with tiling etc about £1.2k upwards
Rewiring about £3k

Thanks for getting back to me on this, the figures have been really helpful and don't add up to as much as I was expecting so may risk going for it!

Thanks again - Much appreciated. Now all I need is a good tradesman :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back