Front step height?

OMG I just cannot believe how stupid this guy is.

They have had a new UPVC door fitted, higher up and outwards opening.

So as well as opening onto the highway (is this allowed?) the hinges are on the outside.

I'll get a photo at some point...lol

Sponsored Links
Can anyone advise if it is allowed to open directly onto the highway?

I would think that as the door appears in the picture to be somewhat recessed, and the original steps protrude out onto the pavement, if the door protrudes out when open it may not be considered such an issue.

Only my opinion you understand

Sponsored Links
I would think that as the door appears in the picture to be somewhat recessed, and the original steps protrude out onto the pavement, if the door protrudes out when open it may not be considered such an issue.

Only my opinion you understand

i would assume you cannot "further impinge" on the public highway without permission
as said by snm its probably less than the step but still in an area not encroached upon before
so unless the area covered by the swing off the door is within the houses boundaries they will need planning then it will be refused on buildings regs as a complete abortion in my opinion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back