Question about steps (landing, going and rising)

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone with more knowledge of this can help me. We need to build some steps to get from the side alley outside to our utility room door. The ground is just under 50cm below the floor of the room. The door opens inwards. The fence is about 1.47m from the door.

Can you please tell me:
  • Is there a minimum length (a) required for the top step? (Is this top step considered a 'landing'?)
  • Am I correct that we will need 2 steps to get up from the outside ground level to the internal room level? If not can you please tell me how many steps you think are needed.
  • Are there any building regulations regarding the space between the fence and the bottom step?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
A difference in level of less than 60cm is not controlled under Building Regs, so you can dispose the steps however you want.

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c
A difference in level of less than 60cm is not controlled under Building Regs, so you can dispose the steps however you want.
....... unless the route or structure or other work associated to use of the access/egress is controlled.

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back