Fruit and veg ‘will run out’ unless Britain charters planes to fly in farm workers from Europe

In all that time, I never saw a single follow up interview where crops had rotted in the fields.

and do you deduce therefore that it didn't happen?

a local fruit-grower near me throws away more than he can pick and sell.

Another went out of business.

Sponsored Links
You're avoiding answering the question then, i will answer it for you, if we Brits make observations like the example i gave in our country in a negative(and not with racist connotations) it's racism. If we observe about Brits in Spain and the negative impacts we have on them etc it's a fair comment, 'Brits abroad' what springs to mind? That's fair game. It's a double standard.

See above.
No, not avoiding.
The reason I said it needs to be the equivalent is because you're asking for me to compare Brits talking about other Brits, to Brits talking about immigrants. They're not the same and that's why I said you need to ask the Spanish - to see if their way of talking about Brits ruining parts of their country is based on stereotypes, hatred, incorrect info or based on clear, calm facts & fair discussions.

You appear just want to argue that white Brits are hard done by all the time? Because I don't think they are, not in the slightest. Andy's posts - which is what this started on are NOT clear, calm, without racial stereotyping and based on facts. Why do you a, want to defend him and b, move the goal posts in order to do so?

Sponsored Links
No, not avoiding.
The reason I said it needs to be the equivalent is because you're asking for me to compare Brits talking about other Brits, to Brits talking about immigrants. They're not the same and that's why I said you need to ask the Spanish - to see if their way of talking about Brits ruining parts of their country is based on stereotypes, hatred, incorrect info or based on clear, calm facts & fair discussions.

You appear just want to argue that white Brits are hard done by all the time? Because I don't think they are, not in the slightest. Andy's posts - which is what this started on are NOT clear, calm, without racial stereotyping and based on facts. Why do you a, want to defend him and b, move the goal posts in order to do so?

How i may appear/you perceive. You just want to point out Andy is a racist, end of. I agree some of his terms may well be unwelcome in an argument of negative observation but to dismiss it all as racism waffle is my point. Underneath are some correct observations he does have a point. Just as it's correct the Brits have ruined places like Benidorm, if a Spanish resident echoed those thoughts to me i would agree with them i wouldn't call them a racist, or shout them down denying their points as blatant racism and or insinuating 'you're just anti foreigner with no idea'. No it's because he/she is correct. My point is burying your head in the sand when there are issues doesn't make it go away, it just builds resentment.

Last edited:
Please explain what you don't get?
I do indeed get it.

you keep saying 'unemployed people can go and pick fruit and veg'

but you refuse to take to the next stage of the argument, because it instantly falls down.

So go on, explain to me how it would work in practice, lets see you actually work through the argument.

How i may appear/you perceive. You just want to point out Andy is a racist, end of. I agree some of his terms may well be unwelcome in an argument of negative observation but to dismiss it all as racism waffle is my point. Underneath are some correct observations he does have a point. Just as it's correct the Brits have ruined places like Benidorm, if a Spanish resident echoed those thoughts to me i would agree with them i wouldn't call them a racist, or shout them down denying their points as blatant racism and or insinuating 'you're just anti foreigner with no idea'. No it's because he/she is correct. My point is burying your head in the sand when there are issues doesn't make it go away, it just builds resentment.
I really don't understand why you can't get what I am saying.

If a Spanish resident echoed those concerns without using the sort of language that Andy uses, and bases their argument on facts rather than stereotyping & lies then how can it be racist? That was never the argument as far as I am concerned.

Andy I will argue that in many ways he does more harm than good with his manner of trying to get his concerns over. Had he spoken on the many occasions that he does about foreigners in a clear, factual manner then people would take more notice and a discussion could carry on. Instead he gets labelled as racist because he leaves the reader with no choice other than to come to that conclusion. Who's fault is that and who, actually is building resentment here?

It's got nothing to do with Spain, it's got nothing to do with the British Empire's past mistakes, those things are just waffle to try and distract. It's got everything to do with Andy's views and delivery of those views. Speak with kindness, intelligence and using facts rather than fiction then he will get listened to. It's really not difficult to understand is it?

I never saw a single follow up interview where crops had rotted in the fields

you didnt look very far then did you, Mr Confirmation Bias

Farmers in Kent are leaving food to rot in the fields because they cannot bring in enough workers
https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/farmers-kent-leaving-food-rot-780192

"Enough broccoli to feed 15,000 people for a year was wasted, he added. Mr Orr’s farm supplies more than 1,000 tones of the vegetable and he estimated he lost between £30,000 and £50,000"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ot-manpower-recruitment-numbers-a8194701.html

8th Feb:
"Took this while walking through Kent yesterday. Rows and rows of apple trees still with fruit hanging there rotting"
EQQtH6KX0AEHC49

you didnt look very far then did you, Mr Confirmation Bias

Farmers in Kent are leaving food to rot in the fields because they cannot bring in enough workers
https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/farmers-kent-leaving-food-rot-780192

"Enough broccoli to feed 15,000 people for a year was wasted, he added. Mr Orr’s farm supplies more than 1,000 tones of the vegetable and he estimated he lost between £30,000 and £50,000"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ot-manpower-recruitment-numbers-a8194701.html

8th Feb:
"Took this while walking through Kent yesterday. Rows and rows of apple trees still with fruit hanging there rotting"
EQQtH6KX0AEHC49

If this goes on and on. The news will be Notch scavenging the bins.

Sponsored Links
Back