Frying tonight!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have never liked working with electricity and here is why,I wanted to fit a porch light so me thinking more like not! I thought well put a wire from the back of the garage fuse box to a light switch and then to the bulb and hey presto-huge bang in garage! not being put off try and look around at back of box with hard plastic screw driver and yes another bang as I make contact with live and melt the end of screw driver saw that after I picked myself up off the garage floor!.Mind you should have known better as when we moved into old house saw a lead covered wire in garage that was cut and all on it's own so thought it was dead cut it with my old pliers and yes another bang from the fuse box as I cut through live wire with my pliers.So lesson is cannot see the stuff so get man into do the job.Mind you when I explained it to a leccie and showed him my diagram of direct wire to switch and light bulb he said you don't wanna do that mate and yes he was right!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
That was 25 years ago,things have improved since then-still here along with same wife and children! :LOL: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back