Fuel Tax Poll

Simple question are you happy paying 66p in the £ on the Fuel Tax?

• Yes

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Simple question are you happy paying 66p in the £ on the Fuel Tax

Sponsored Links
if you d have done an actual poll im sure everyone would have put no.

except maybe for 2 people who are just here to annoy.

ooops wondered why I couldn't see it, me and my fat fingers :oops:

I'd like to pay more. At least double that, maybe treble that.

Then knock off the equivalent in VAT and provide subsidised public transport.

That would encourage people to leave the car at home.

When I was a kid there were three cars on our entire street - now there are three to every house. It's madness.

Sponsored Links
D.S.D, I might reconsider if I know what taxes you are proposing to increase to compensate.

Hi johnd,

Not proposing any increase. If they have'nt got it they can't spend it. They are wasting it on complete follies. Paying asylum seekers to go back home, wasting it at management level in the NHS etc etc etc you get the idea and I am sure there is many more that you can think up. The only shortfalls I can see there being is
the shortfall for there manic spending. Bio deisel now 95.9 a ltr again taxed at 66p in the £ So its not even a green issue. This money is not even being spent on the road structure same as the car tax is not spent on it. What ever way you look at it the motorist is treated as a cash cow to prop up massive overspending in other areas. What would happen if we all just said stuff it I am not using the car anymore I am going to use public transport. It would collapse. They have also increased public transports prices so in real terms its even more expensive than the car. I think that suits them because they do not get the vast amounts of money from transport that they do from the motorist. Are our needs and wants any greater than any other G8 country. No. Yet our fuel is the most heavily taxed. This is not a Labour rant as I think they are all the same, if they can get bleed you dry they will. I say enough is enough. ;)

wot u must remember is some people sit at there PC all day,u know who U .R., dont go out more than once a week, do a 10 mile max return trip so they dont give a flying **** if its £10 a gallon :( they just dont want u to have a life they think everybody on £24 K house's are at pre war price's all there kids are grandads and grandma's so dont think u will get any support from them ;) HAVE U GOT IT NOW :LOL:

I get peeved when politicians get on the box and say that there is nothing they can do about the rising fuel prices, it's all down to a crisis in the middle east, it's a green issue, blah blah . You could reduce the tax so that fuel keeps below £1.00 per litre.

I could almost live with the high price of fuel if we had a first class public transport system and a road system to be proud of. But we haven't.

The same with the NHS, all the money taken in NI contributions and they can't even keep the hospitals clean.

The same with the NHS, all the money taken in NI contributions and they can't even keep the hospitals clean.

was in leics royal yesterday, one of the docs was complaining he had been told that he was facing the sack, the reason, him and others have complained about using the new gel hand cleaner, it is making thier hands chapped and there fore more prone to moving any kinds of bugs around, the hospitals answer use it or leave, so his reaction was ok but when you cant employ cleaners who can clean basic things like light switches and apparantly the cuffs on the bp machines are never cleaned, no wonder mrsa is a big one around there at the min. i have used this gel and its not good for you when miss jefoss was in hosp for a week my hands were fecked up by it.

It's nothing to do with cleanliness. MRSA is carried by 30% of the population in their nasal cavities and about 60% of hospital staff. You can have a brand new hospital with no MRSA - but as soon as staff and patients arrive - it's back.

You can't beat nature. Nature will find a way to kill us.

Joe-90 said:
Nature will find a way to kill us.

Yep its called goverment these days the Flipping tax is killing me :LOL:

MRSA ain't new so why was it not a prob 20-30 years ago when we had matrons that were like Sgt Majors and inspected their wards and cleaners that knew how to clean oops just answered my own question ;)

Hi all
Is Fuel taxed to highly? The oil is going to run out and we need to find alternative energy supplies. If the money went on something like wind farms or some other source of energy I would be happy to pay more. But of coarse its not it just gets lost in the government treasury. In 20 years time most MP’s will have died of old age what do they care about those of us left.
I have had to drive an average of 40 miles a day to get to work for the last 17 years. I can not use public transport working a 24 hour shift pattern. The number of bus changes it would take about 3 hours to do the 20 miles ( about the same time as it takes to cycle it)
I would like to move closer to my work, but it would have meant moving from my friends & family & no one has a job for life & I’m only a contractor and could have lost my job at a weeks notice at any time. ( I think it’s a month now)

Back to is fuel to expensive, Standing out side the school waiting today were 12 cars, 8 kept their engines running for the 25 mins we waited for the kids (who were late coming back from a trip). So unfortunately it seems that most people think it not to expensive to waste.

Anthony
I have 2 cars and a warm coat so I had walked the 1 mile to her school and carried my 4.5 year old most of the way back.

http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/protesters-to-fire-warning-shot-to-the-government-88.html

it wont run out in the next 100 years ;) its bluff to keep oil rich states in more dosh,:cool: as they cant sell us dust and sand just yet :LOL: so they buy up the west , dont be fooled by the ************ :rolleyes:

It's nothing to do with cleanliness. MRSA is carried by 30% of the population in their nasal cavities and about 60% of hospital staff. You can have a brand new hospital with no MRSA - but as soon as staff and patients arrive - it's back.

You can't beat nature. Nature will find a way to kill us.

im sure your here on this earth to talk *******s. without people there would be no diseases anyway, your such a tosser at times joe. it is obvious to all that if you build something new and get it cleaned without people it will be fresh, till the insects / spiders take over tho, but if your theory is right no one might as well wash were all doomed anyway. cock!

Sponsored Links
Back