Full DIY House Renovation...

Ah, so still less than 50mm to the surface of the cables. I'd have a word with the electrician and find out what they intend to do given you have photos - I doubt their scheme provider would be impressed and they would not be able to provide you with an EIC.

It also looks like you have chases going floor to ceiling with no accessories o_Oo_O

Using this layout was actually my idea and I made the chases long before the electrician turned up, my reasoning was that I couldn't run them directly below because of my other boxes being there. The floor to ceiling chases are ones I've run in for the speakers/ethernet/coaxial runs.

Sponsored Links
Ah, so still less than 50mm to the surface of the cables. I'd have a word with the electrician and find out what they intend to do given you have photos - I doubt their scheme provider would be impressed and they would not be able to provide you with an EIC.

RCD protection negates the need for that doesn't it? Although not the ideal get-out, but it would comply....

RCD protection negates the need for that doesn't it? Although not the ideal get-out, but it would comply....
No. Safe zones apply whether an RCD is fitted or not.

Sponsored Links
Any update, Adam182?

Here is another update bringing us to mid June 2018 and a whole year since purchase.

Most notable work is -

Celotex throughout groundfloor foamed and taped (except for access areas for the time being)
Plasterboarding completed downstairs (except for current plumbing access beneath bathroom)
Rear UPVC Door fitted
Ex small side window external skin bricked up
Wall hung toilet fitted understairs
Hidden softclose shoe drawer built under stairs
All waste pipes run throughout internally and new bathroom wastes installed externally on back wall
New manhole at side of house installed to accommodate understairs toilet waste + kitchen wastes
Built in electric fireplace fitted
Armoured Electric/Ethernet run underground to garage
UFH manifold installed
Huge fire pit created for burning off

Hallway -

jfUcsCe.jpg

KGL9XoX.jpg

Living Room -

yfVZldq.jpg

ePoOfew.jpg

36P8dTa.jpg

S8qZpqr.jpg

Kitchen -

BLBKNU2.jpg

N4VYM1K.jpg

Understairs -

dbIpwV0.jpg

W1CC6tT.jpg

KAKSt3j.jpg

c0wQFWz.jpg

5p4sGI8.jpg

5SwBOVK.jpg

House Rear -

Paint stripping around this door was a nightmare!

88Qnjfr.jpg

FBKR74H.jpg

Dhb17ou.jpg

LaBlMo9.jpg

…..

Cont....

House Side -

vf882a6.jpg

NmD9TUP.jpg

WWTIWow.jpg

a6XXI3R.jpg

emp7y5L.jpg

ahySW9A.jpg

Understairs waste connections -

DU4EYY8.jpg

Fire Pit -

Juu723L.jpg

VuzOQHT.jpg

LtI47Kt.jpg

Looks good, how are you finding the taste of Celotex ?!

I'd make an access hatch to get to that under-stair toilet cistern for future maintenance, or you could end up ripping out a wall to replace a 50p washer! Unless there is access from inside the shoe storage?

Looks good, how are you finding the taste of Celotex ?!

I'd make an access hatch to get to that under-stair toilet cistern for future maintenance, or you could end up ripping out a wall to replace a 50p washer! Unless there is access from inside the shoe storage?

Haha I find the taste mild but the smell quite fishy.

Thanks for the heads up on access, the access hatch under the fridge will allow access to the whole underfloor void downstairs :)

This is no way a criticism, because you've done a stonking job with a lot of hard work, but did you consider doing a compliant loft conversion while you had everything ripped out? For the sake of a few joists and a staircase...

This is no way a criticism, because you've done a stonking job with a lot of hard work, but did you consider doing a compliant loft conversion while you had everything ripped out? For the sake of a few joists and a staircase...

Thanks for the kind words, yes a compliant loft conversion was very much a consideration I did alot of research and got alot of input on the idea aswell.

Because of the nested roof (what I believe it's called) the loft floor beams don't sit on a wall plate and instead are just fixed to the roof rafters at the eaves, along with having a hip roof at the other end (opposite to the side adjoining nextdoor) it would have required a gable conversion along with an RSJ ran the full length in order to support the new loft floor.

At this stage it would have been better of just sticking an extension on the rear of the house which would offer more space for not a great deal more cost.

For these reasons it was decided to not bother.

Surprised at the overlap (or lack thereof) of the joists on the supporting wall.

Didn't think at the time it needed to go beyond the wall as it's no more (or less) than it would be sat onto the external walls.

Fair Comment.

It's just when I see overlapped joists like this on an internal wall, they are usually well-overlapped.

Following with interest.

What are your plans with the pebble dash?

Seconded shame regarding loft conversion but valid points made it's uneconomical and would yield little extra space.

What is your profession if I may?

Beers!
HH

Following with interest.

What are your plans with the pebble dash?

Seconded shame regarding loft conversion but valid points made it's uneconomical and would yield little extra space.

What is your profession if I may?

Beers!
HH

Thanks for the interest it's much appreciated.

Regarding the pebbledash, short term it is just getting painted, long term will be redoing in K-rend or similar.

I'm a 3d Character Animator, quite the contrast from any of the work I've been doing here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back