Full refurb quote fair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have never done a full house refurb so please could you advise if this is a fair quote?

This is a a 2 bed end terrace house.

- full repoint three walls
- replace guttering, facia, and downpipe
- some repairs to roof and underfelt
- full damp proof course
- full replaster
- all new joinery I.e. new skirts, doors and door cases.
- re structure two bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs to 3 beds and 1 smaller bathroom
- 2 new windows for bed room and bathroom
- full rewire
- remove original staircase and install new u bend staircase (this is to allow for three bedrooms upstairs)
- fit UPVC door front and back

All work for £20000 including labour and materials. Is this a good price? Sounds like a bargain to me!

Sponsored Links
It's a good price if they are a good outfit, but are they?

Sounds too cheap - you would want to make sure that you fully reference check their work. I would suggest a visual inspection not just a telephone reference.

Prices are almost impossible to do without seeing the job, and if comparing prices you would have to see the details of the other quote - eg. full damp course can mean many things to many people.

You have a 2-bed terrace, so going up to £30,000 for a refurb, which it would probably cost with opening-up surprises and variations, would it be worth it to you?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back