Fuse for kitchen keeps blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last 3 nights around the same time our fusebox has gone. We have isolated the problem to the kitchen but twice we have been unable to get the electrics going until the next morning. (the fuse keeps popping)

I switched off all the elctrical items on the kitchen fuse bar the washing machine and it kept blowing. I then realised that the fuses had gone after we did the washing up so potentially water could have gone down the back and got into the WM fuse. Then it had to dry out before we could get it going again. Does this sound like a reasonable theory or could it be something more sinister. We gave the washing up a miss for a day and it was fine.

I'm going to remove the washing machine from the circuit and plug everything else back in to see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Markir said:
For the last 3 nights around the same time our fusebox has gone.
Where did it go? Have you considered a security system? This would stop it mysteriously vanishing undetected.

On a more serious note, what exactly is tripping / blowing? What sort of "fusebox" do you have? What brand and what colour is its casing? What exactly is written on the device that "blows"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back