fuse keeps blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have a halogen cooker and after boiling some water in a pan this AM, some spilt on the hob and I heard a bang. The power supply for the cooker, the sockets behind the fridge and the socket in wall in the next room did not work (assume they are part of same circuit?)

Anyway checked the fuse box and saw the 30 amp fuse plug had blown. I went to the shop to get it replaced, came home plugged it in and the fuse blew again. Any ideas on what I should do next? thanks in advance. Jo.

Sponsored Links
Wait for the cooker to dry out.

And keep a stock of spare fuses so you don't have to run out to the shops each time one goes.

Depending where the water went, it might have got into the workings under the hob; the short that set off the fuse could also have damaged the heating control for that ring, in which case you'll need either a repair to the hob or a new one (depending on its age, your circumstances, etc). You'll know if it keeps going bang on that ring even after drying out.

PJ

Sponsored Links
It doesn't sound like a normal circuit configuration to me, maybe worth calling an electrician to have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back