Fuse size for 2 (& for 3) 50W downlights on 240V ring ma

The third is one I'm not familiar with. It is a triangle pointing downwards, with a capital F within it. Is this some fire related symbol,......or does it mean a fuse value or something else?

If there is no fire rating, then are these going to need fire hoods? And would that remain the case if CFL lamps were used (instead of the 50W halogen each light was supplied with/

A capital F in an upside down triangle
fmark.jpg
signifies that the luminaire is suitable for direct mounting on normally flammable surfaces.

Fire rated fittings or fire hoods are only required when breaking a fire barrier between fire compartments. I may be corrected here but I don't think that's the case with your situation as you're living in the top flat so no fire compartment above yours.
Differing lamps won't change the above. It's all down the the fitting itself offering a set fire resistance between fire compartments when an existing fire barrier has been broken (plasterboard ceiling for example).

Sponsored Links
You've definitely cleared the mists a bit there.

No, above me only the roof & sky.....

Have to sign off for now, but if I need any more help (and knowing me I'm certainly likely to at some point) I'll sure know where to come.

You guys are so helpful, giving your time/knowledge like this.....

It's really appreciated!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back