Fuse tripping out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.i have downstairs fuse tripping problem.before it was tripping once a month two months or may be six months.a year ago i called in electrition.he did something in fusebox he presto nothing happened for a year.last few weeks it has started doing again.it was tripping once a week but since yesterday it would not come on at all.i suspected one of the lights in landing so i opened it .its loop in.3 nutral 3 live.and three earth.two core flex is connected to light fitting.in the connecter flex side brown was connect to one terminal while one red wire was not connected at all.that must be switch feed so i have connected it to switch feed.still it trips.checked switch itself all connections seem to be ok.opened the fusebox.there was one earth not connected at all.connected it to earth terminal.still trips.would not come on att all.what coul be.any help welcome.by the way fusebox has old wire type fuses.this 6 amp was replaced with lever type push in.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need an electrician with an insulation resistance tester

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back