Tripping mcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Had a look at an issue at a friends place,the 32 amp mcb trips but not all the time,it's the cooker circuit,wired in 6mm to an isolator then to the outlet. At the outlet it has 2 flexes connected into it,one for ceramic job and one to cooker. The one to cooker is no bigger than a 1.5mm cable. He says that he can go for weeks with out any problems and then it will trip just the mcb and can't use oven. Oven doesn't look in the best of shape. The oven has the small flex connected into it without being fused down,goes directly into the outlet connected to a 6mm cable covered by a 32 amp breaker. Can any one help me get to bottom of why it trips out only sometimes. Thanks

Sponsored Links
At the outlet it has 2 flexes connected into it,one for ceramic job and one to cooker.

What are the power ratings of the oven and the "ceramic job"?

There should be a plate on the underside of the "job" and on the door or back of the oven.

You know what I meant mate,I'm on here to get some advice not be scrutinised that I didn't spell check what I wrote! Got nothing better to do?!

You know what I meant mate,I'm on here to get some advice not be scrutinised that I didn't spell check what I wrote! Got nothing better to do?!
You really are showing your ignorance now! I doubt you will get much help with that attitude.

Sponsored Links

yeah, don't be so freeking precious. There's no criticism of your spelling; that reply was written using the exact same terms that you used.

Nozzle

Yes I know reply was written using same as what I wrote but you both know what I meant and didn't need to emphasise it that's all I'm saying. I was only after a bit of advice!

You clearly realise that the oven should have a separate overload device likely a fuse to protect the 1.5 mm² cable. You it would seem from your comments know the dangers.

Most houses have a B32 MCB for cooking appliance and it is very rare for them to trip even when the appliance is rated at 60 amp. So either the B32 MCB is faulty or one of the appliances is faulty. It is very unlikely due to simple overloading.

If the oven is below 13A (3kW) then a fused connection unit is the first step. If over that limit then we have to look further.

Since you refuse to give the oven rating this thread is rather pointless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back