Fused switched spur & towel warmer connection in bathroo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If the heating element for a towel warmer in the bathroom is on a separate circuit, i.e. utilising previous immersion tank circuit, would I still need a fused and switched spur?

Any help much appreciated,

Stuart

Sponsored Links
The immersion circuit is fine, but is likely to be rated at 16a at the CU.

For ease of local isolation and for safety I'd suggest a switched f/spur with the fuse rating closer to the radiator element demand.

Most elements are sub 1000w, so look at 1000w/ 230v = 5a fuse at the spur.

If I changed the fuse rating on the CU closer to 5A (It's 600W element) would that still be safe? I'll most probably still go with fused spur but would like to know options.

Tks very much for your help,

Stuart

You could, but the existing fuse will be rated for the existing cable run and use.

If you want to be 4nal then yes, but having a 3A fuse in the f/spur will suffice.

Sponsored Links
No passed being 4nal long time ago I believe:) - it would have been a 5A fuse in CU and no fused spur but think on relection just sticking with fused spur.

Tks again for your help

Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back