G/Worm 30 HXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what the fault code F9 means?

The boiler throws the error code as soon as it's reset - red light goes off '00' apears (with no red or green light on) for approx 5 seconds and straight back to F9 error. First thought was the o/heat so...

The o/heat had tripped though which I assume must have a bearing on why the boiler is locking out immediately. I reset this.
Boiler still locking out as above.
Ensured the Thermistor was within range (had a few get so cold they effectively shut down the boiler).

Its open vented, to I thought:
1: Pump: Removed and tested the pump - no problems with its operation.
2: Cold feed / header tank: Not a chance. Even if either of these were causing a problem, the boiler wont reset anyway.

G/Worm Technical were less than impressive and to quote "there aint an f9 error on this boiler, we have an F1 to F6 and then an F10"

Just wondered if anyone had come across this error code, as its not in the MI's Ive just downloaded - and I'm not in the habit of throwing parts at boilers.

Regards,

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Its a global fault which means it could be anything! All components need checking and if everythings ok will prob be a pcb replacement.

Its a global fault which means it could be anything! All components need checking and if everythings ok will prob be a pcb replacement.

Ok, thats tomorrow morning spent testing. I notice most of the regulars have swerved this one! Im sure Agile will have his take on this at some un-godly hour.

Cheers though Micky, you look local so I'll shove a virtual pint your way as it cant get lost in cyberspace.

F9 - perhaps its a sign:cool:

Mr. W.

EDIT: Sign I've gotta hone my repair capabilities. I just hate leaving custards to go cold.

btw a good test is to just start unplugging things from the pcb and see if the fault clears. Start with fan, gv etc...

Sponsored Links
I cannot add anything to Mick's comment on the F9 fault.

As far as unplugging parts thats not going to help unless you KNOW already how the ( a ) boiler SHOULD respond to that part being unplugged.

Where it does often help is that an NTC sensor will indicate a fault ( going o/c ) if its NOT o/c and is unplugged. Its not going to mean necessarily that the NTC is OK although it probably will be but it could still be out of tolerance or going o/c when it heats up.

To seriously fault find you also need to know how it responds in the case of multiple faults. Its only possible to check that out if you have time on your hands or regularly visit just a few models.

Better to ask trade questions in the CC.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back