1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy Dimension 48 Lid Tamper Fault

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by Jackfm, 26 Oct 2019.

1. Jackfm

Jackfm

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,

Had my GD48 installed since March, every so often I’d get 003 Lid tamper alarm, extract below from self mon.

Last month, i finally got around to having a look. I thought perhaps I had a faulty tamper switch so I disconnected the lid tamper switch from the board and just made a loop on the contacts on the board. This seemed to stop it happening until this morning :( so it appears I may have a fault in my board as it thinks there’s a tamper event.

anybody seen this before? Any ideas? Really hoping i haven’t got to do a board swap!

2. Sponsored Links
  3. scott1980

scott1980

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I can't remember if the wall tamper on the Dimension indicates seperately to the lid tamper (could test this by removing the connector and trying to exit engineer mode to see what it says) but it might be worth unplugging the two green leads from the wall tamper switch and jumpering them out (there should be an unused jumper on one of the "battery kickstart" pins nearby)

4. ibruceuk

ibruceuk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I had this exact fault a good while back with my G520. To be quite honest I don't know what solved it. I remade all the connections and gave the board a good hoover and shake! Mine used to be quite random but in the log it was always without fail three successive tampers of less than a second each.

5. GalaxyGuy

GalaxyGuy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The wall tamper is a different message. Sounds like the board is bad. Lots of faulty panels being sold on ebay at the moment. Is this where you picked it up?

6. Sponsored Links
  7. Jackfm

Jackfm

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah i disconneted the green leads and jumpered them, still got the tamper message.

Yeah mine is random too, can 1 be time, might be 4/5 in a row before itll clear and let me exit engineer mode.

Purchased off ebay back in feb. Can I turn off output 0003 so it wont alert?

8. GalaxyGuy

GalaxyGuy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Unfortunately, there's no way to disable individual tampers. The only way is to leave in engineering mode and go without any tampers across the whole system.

If it's a system bought from me, then contact me to have the board swapped and I'll replace and send back to Honeywell.

If from Preston, then the systems seem to be ADE returns and a bit of pot luck.

9. Jackfm

Jackfm

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, I have it in engineering mode for now untill I look to replace. Unfortanlty I diddnt buy from yourself and I cant re-call where the seller was based. I have your LCE-01 Module which I see doesnt work with V3 Flex. Looks like I'd need the A083 module, Does the A083 Module work with selfmon?

10. GalaxyGuy

GalaxyGuy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, the flex with Ethernet and or GSM/GPRS is compatible with SelfMon. The LCE module will sell no problem.

11. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links