Galaxy Dimension links and spare zones

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Have been studying GD installation manual intensively and installed three systems, but I haven't exactly found out, is it possible to use spare zone as link source, since panel monitors them anyway?

My intention is to use (spare) zone (onboard GD48) for movement detector (with twilight sensor), and when movement is detected, link it to output that switches on lights. I already have working outdoor light controls via TouchPanel Plus. Currently, no need to do anything else than turn on lights when someone moves at garden when it'dark, no need to monitor/log it or alert anything.

And of course, if there's better way, I'm interested, prefer to do it properly. I'll probably use later motion detector for certain HomeAssistant integrations, as I already have SelfMon Virtualisation module installed, but not configured.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can use a spare zone and link it to an output. You can even set the output to reflex and have a count to keep the light on. Note that you need to set it to something like a 'link' or 'log' zone.

With the vmod, you can also use home assistant and node red to add more control. For instance, when the detector is triggered you would only enable the light and timer between sunset and sunrise. The panel on its own is good for basic stuff, but not for more complex logic.

My garage door example below is a basic lighting timer that ensures that the garage light doesn't get left on for more than 2 minutes when the door is left open. This could easily be enhanced to include the garage internal PIR's and sunrise/sunset condition.

Code:
delayLights = 120000;

if(msg.payload == "OPEN") {

msg.payload = "on";
  node.send(msg);

setTimeout(function(){
    msg.payload = "off";
    node.send(msg);
   }, delayLights);

} else if(msg.payload == "CLOSED") {

msg.payload = "off";
  node.send(msg);
}

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back