Galaxy Flex door left open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of years ago I installed a Galaxy Flex for an elderly relative, which works very well. Recently they've been found to leave the front door wide open for hours on end, which isn't ideal.

Ideally I'd like to sound an alarm (potentially the internal sounder) if the entry zone is left open for more than a few minutes, with the zone operating normally when the system is set. I've read into the manual at length, though I can't see anything that would do this.

Has anybody been able to do something similar? Given how Flex(ible) the system is I'm surprised this isn't a built-in function.

Sponsored Links
The max readers have this built in, but as a function of a locked door being left open. I've configured the trigger timer to do this type of thing on a Dimension before, where the trigger timer is set to say 180 seconds and will trigger a link if the limit is reached. I haven't tried this on the Flex yet.

Hi GalaxyGuy. Thanks for your reply. The Galaxy Dimension manual mentions a Reflex Timer link. Is this the same as the trigger timer in your message? Have you managed to get this working without needing to have a separate max reader installed? Thanks.

Yes, sorry it's the reflex timer not trigger. The linked timer starts counting as soon as the link to the FINAL door circuit is opened and when it reaches the count it fires a programmed output which is also reflex. If you close the door before the count is reached, the timer is reset and if the output has triggered, it also resets to silence any sounder or alert. It doesn't need a reader. I'd have to try this again on a test panel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. I've tried to mock this up on my Dimension at home. It looks like I need multiple links and reflex timers to do this? It looks like I need a timer to fire when the door is left open, and another to stop it sounding when the door is closed? Maybe I'm over complicating it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back