Galaxy Mega has Super AMOLED screen??

Sponsored Links
720p is HD ready (read not HD) 1024p is "full" HD but is soon to be superceded by 4k, which non-one currently broadcasts in. My very much detested galaxy s4 has an AMOLED screen, nice screen shame its rubbish as a phone.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, TFT screen as I understood it, not AMOLED.

And for 3 to describe it as full HD, I think they're stretching the truth somewhat...

Eddie, I know you hate your S4. As it's on my potential shortlist, can you tell me why?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

Yeah, TFT screen as I understood it, not AMOLED.

And for 3 to describe it as full HD, I think they're stretching the truth somewhat...

Eddie, I know you hate your S4. As it's on my potential shortlist, can you tell me why?

Cheers!

Well i will grudgingly admit part of it is probably me but my main gripes.

Bear in mind I have not necessarily discounted my Vodaphone SIM card may be goosed, so take a lot of what follows with a mild pinch of salt, which is only really fair..... but here goes,

It doesn't always go ring ring when someones calls me, I miss calls frequently. I know I am a little deaf, but Diane aint and she doesn't hear it either.

When I call 121 vodaphone voicemail, it often is just silent. Could well be a Vodaphone issue.

It is constantly updating itself all the time.

It signal strength meter is nonsense, it can have no bars and I can make a call, it can read 5 bars and it claims no service.

the touch screen is either hyper sensitive, or unresponsive.

Its email handling is utterly woeful.

It's really not intuitive to configure.

Internet explorer really doesnt work on it, use chrome (unsurprising)

I'm sure there's a lot more, but I find it doesn't suit me, but I am perfectly prepared to acknowledge its just not for me.

I would take no notice of the signal strength meter, one of technology's biggest myths. The meter only tells you the strength to the nearest communications tower. Not a true reflection of the quality of your signal.

Trust me, my works phone is with Voda. And one of my PAYG's is with Asda, which piggy-backs off Voda and they are both woeful.

If your handset is unlocked (or bought from CPW), try another SIM in it that is not Voda, Asda, Talk Mobile, BT Mobile (if they still exist), Lebara, Sainsbury's.

My work phone's reception inside the house is legendary - for the wrong reason. The phone can ring, then as soon as I pick it up, I get robot voices then cut off.

I can stare at the screen and see "excellent" reception on the SSM, then listen as the phone signals a received voicemail. As I have held the mobile in my hand, with supposed good reception, the incoming call has gone straight to VM....and like you, when I call 121, I just get nothing. Three beeps...ARRRRGHHHH!!!!!!

Plus, another reason for anyone with Voda PAYG to ditch them ASAP...

They have just moved (as from August 2013) to per minute billing.

//www.diynot.com/forums/general-discussion/vodaphone.370189/#2819020

Back