Galvanised lintel

Discussion in 'Building' started by Patters1978, 23 Jul 2017.

1. Patters1978

Patters1978

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi everyone

Have just removed a double pvc door into my conservatory ( yes I know i should have one but the conservatory roof is being turned into a solid one so no cold )

My question is where the door is used to be a bay window and previous owner removed it put in a double pvc door now I have removed it, it looks as though a galvanised lintel is in place?

These things ok? My wall are cavity if that makes a difference

Please see pics

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. KenGMac

KenGMac

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Patters1978, good evening.

Looks suspiciously like a so called "Catnic lintel"

Have a look on the interweb for these things [they are actually quite good??]

Ken.

4. It's fine, as Ken says, it's a catnic lintel designed to sit in the cavity, and support the bricks either side of it. You'll need to fix a piece of plasterboard over the hole, possibly with foam adhesive supported till it goes off, and then get everything replastered, but it's all manageable.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local