Gap between laminate floor and kitchen how to fill ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2BD82823-54A7-476E-834E-A185231FC0EC.jpeg
2BD82823-54A7-476E-834E-A185231FC0EC.jpeg
Hi everyone I brought a house the landing hallway floor has laminate flooring and the kitchen floor has Lino I think? What is the best way to fill this gap? Thank you

Sponsored Links
are . the floors at the same level
whats under the lino?
If the floor are level before fitting , then the laminate should be higher then lino

you can get laminate thresholds of different profiles

How are other doorways thresholds finished.

I decided to use a piece of hardwood oak threshold on out kitchen laminate and the carpets then meet up , with a nice finished piece of wood on all the door thresholds

Hi thanks for the advise the floors are more or less level I assume when they put something in it stopped the door from closing so whatever I put in must be very thin low profile? Or maybe just fill with putty filler?

your wood and vinyl ending edges are on the slant and both terminate in the wrong place.
however, you can use either a flat metal bar to cover the transition gap or a thin laminate matching wood transition.
either way the door will probably have to be shaved.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for some reason i didn’t think of shaving the door down to make room but now it makes sense thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back