Gap between plasterboards, what do I do as am about to tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have covered the two walls around the bath with plasterboard and am about to tank before fitting the bath back.

Unfortunately being my first time I have the following problem:

I attached the plasterboard to one wall and it fitted into the corner nicely.

I then attached the plasterboard onto the second wall. However, in the corner where it meets the first plasterboard, there is a slight gap that gets bigger the higher up you go (to about 1 cm gap).

Tiling should cover up this gap however, do I need to fill it with anything so that when I apply the tanking product there is a surface to cover and the whole area will be waterproof?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked to make sure your new walls are plumb.

If not sort it know before you start youre tiling.

Rico

I am not sure what you mean by plumb? The walls are flat, it is just that I cocked up big style when fixing the plasterboard to the wall as this was my first time and I did it on my own. (I have been learning a lot from my mistakes)

Worst case I can take out the screws and refix the plasterboard so the corner joint is neat. Is this going to be the best course of action?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back