Gap under shower door cubical, driving me insane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
//www.diynot.com/network/tryitandsee/albums/

I have installed this B&Q shower cubical complete with tray and platform etc. but water seems to get out from a gap between frame and underside of pivot door. There is a feeble clear plastic 'splash' trim that runs the full width of the top and bottom of the door, but there is still a gap. The door is pivoted top and bottom with single pins and doesn't look like it can be adjusted in any way.
Has any one come across this problem, or managed to resolve it.

I appreciate 'you only get what you pay for........' . As the sheds are quiet at the moment, I'm thinking of asking them to come and take the thing out and replace it with one that does not leak. I've been fannying about with it for hours. I've never tried to do this before, but as it's obviously not fit for purpose, they can bloody well compensate me for the time and effort fitting it :evil: ...........good, got that rant off my chest :)
Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if your base is not 100% level it may be that

some of the less expensive cubicle sets do not have as much tolerence or adjustment features of a pricier model.

i fitted 2 good sets last week, made by flair doddle and quick

seen me 5/6 hours on some of them and they are dung.

basically when it comes to shower screens , the more you spend the less time you are farting about , i know some of them are a nightmare or worse

made by flair doddle and quick
:D

I emailed B&Q with complaint as I got nowhere in the store. £25 in vouchers on there way. No way compensates the time and effort fiddling with the pivot door, but worth the email.

If you have to get the cheaper shower cubicles as I did, don't buy the Barcelona pivot door cubicle, get the Barcelona bi-folding door one instead, better design and water tight at bottom of door.

If you have to get the cheaper shower cubicles as I did, don't buy the Barcelona pivot door cubicle, get the Barcelona bi-folding door one instead, better design and water tight at bottom of door.
Ya really only gets what ya pays for! ;)

Sponsored Links
unless it says explicitly in the instructions that this model will not let water through the door, you will not get very far under the not fit for purpose routine; it is after all a budget shower

had the exact same problem three weeks ago with the very same cubicle, absolute nightmare of a job
worst thing was it was a job for a friend !!!!

Solution to the problem - use white plastic L(or preferably Z shape angle (can be made by gluing two 10-15mm L's) and adhere to bottom of door cut around hinge as appropriate. Silicon sealant will make it look beautiful and do the business.

Have done it on couple of installations and looks and works fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back