Gaps between boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got some MDF boards cut and installed them in my kitchen. I used an MDF primer and painted them. I’m really happy with how they look however, I made a huge mistake in not painting the wall first and in certain lights, you can see between the very small gaps (the paint behind it was a light blue). I have tried a very fine paintbrush but it won’t work. Would a spray gun get between the gaps if I where to respray the whole thing? Seems a bit drastic but I know it’s going to bug the hell out of me! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2F7450D6-FF59-4745-BFC6-D0406A303DE0.jpeg
    2F7450D6-FF59-4745-BFC6-D0406A303DE0.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
If it was mine I would buy a few tubes of "One Strike filler" the stuff in a gun rather than a tub and fill the gaps inbetween the boards but smoothed down into the joints so as to keep the same "plank" look. Then re-paint the whole lot! The only filler I have found that doesn't readily crack is this One Strike stuff and it can easily be forced into very small gaps with a finger. I've had a nightmare with popped plaster over the screws and cracked joints and I have found this stuff just about the most crack resistant one going.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back