Gaps between tile and work surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help (sure you can).

I have fitted kitchen work surface and tiled all the walls.

Thing is there is a gap between the tiles and the work surface as you would expect. In some areas it is larger than others and sealant just dissapears down the back of the work surface. Is there an adhesive moulding I could use to cover gap or a technique to make sure the sealant doesnt disapear down the back of the work surface.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What colour are your tiles and worktop, you can buy white UPVC quadrant in 12mm and 19mm online quite easily, which you could use to fill the gap.

It's usual to leave a 2mm gap between the worktop & the bottom of the tile, how much of a gap have you got?

tiles are s cream/light brown stone.

the gap for a from 2-4mmto 8-9mm (kept thinking about filling the gap first?)

Sponsored Links
thanks to all....

Problem resolved using foam/rubber strip to give a base to use sealant. walls do bow due to them being 24" thick stone.
(worktop is level and so are tiles -so no need for a new spirit level as per one recomendation)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back