Gaps in tiling round window

okey kokey, so back to the problem...

dextrous - like timber idea but window frame is flush to wall.

gsjeeta - think tile is maybe too thick to cut such a fine line from which is why he didn't try? I bought some ceramic "rods" (to be used as a border) as they're shaped and thought would look beter and work with uneven depth - but didn't work!

Richard C - no, other side is worse! Gap is twice width. He would have needed to cut down quite a few tiles and, as you say, only way to put it right is to take them all off.

He is local and also does a lot of work with the company I'm at, all of who are hearing about my problems with him... Chose him via recommendation, believe it or not. Am not thinking just to use filler from tile edge and angle it down to window edge then paint same colour. Once the blind is up it shouldn't be as noticeable - I hope.

May eventually replace window anyhow and so will have to have new one made a little wider...

Thanks to everyone for all their ideas and if any of you come over to Gran Canaria, I'll buy you a pint! Cheers, L.

Sponsored Links
and was the tiler an elderly English guy with a northern accent?
Did erm, you know,,, went away on holiday,, Gcol,, he didn't go to Spain did he???? Naaaahh, he wouldn't have gone 'n done a job and left it like that,,,, would he?? Ask him Jeffy,,, go on,, don't be scared, he likes you,, you're his deputy. :cool:
What's with the elderly bit..... I'm not elderly. Jef's older than me!
And is was Cuba not Spain.
:p

a good over use of quotes coming on here i feel!

im not so sure im older than the mighty mr GC actually im only 25 and 108 months!

:LOL:

Well then, we're both the same age Jef. Only you act like a 25 less 108 months youth. ;) :LOL:

youth? ha ha ha i used to work with lots of atherstone guys they said youth a lot, makes them feel important!

and for the record mr GC id love to be 25 less 108!

Sponsored Links
okey kokey, so back to the problem...

dextrous - like timber idea but window frame is flush to wall.

In that case, you can simply fit a thin bit of timber wide enough to bridge the gap (50 to 75mm wide), to the window frame all the way round, overlapping the tiles. Honestly, this architrave will be simple and look fine, especially if you cut the corners at 45 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back