Garage base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

I'm very new to the DIY world and would appreciate some advice for a concrete/brick garage base that I have attached below.

We ripped the garage down last year with the intention of having some decking installed on top of it this year.

My only concern about this project is how high the decking will be once it is installed on top of the existing base. I'm hoping to reduce the base down a bit myself to avoid paying out for someone else to do it.

Judging by the photos I think there is only a thin-ish layer of concrete set upon the base. I'm hoping to only remove the top level of bricks, the concrete and the steps but leave the rest in place.

Before I go ahead and try and do this myself is there any advice or things I need to look out for? Am I getting into a sticky situation doing this alone with no experience of anything like this before? Or if any one has experience of this is there something else I can do?

2rnbv9s.jpg

Sponsored Links
I bought a titan breaker from screwfix for £59.99 and was pleasantly surprised by the power and build quality for the price.

Are you planning to lower it so you can then put raised decking on top? Why not just pave it? Much less work now, less waste and less maintenance in the future

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back