Garage conversion into kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am planning a garage conversion into a kitchen and want to submit the Building Control Application.

All gas and electrical work for the kitchen will be done by Registered professionals who will submit all required paperwork to the council. Do I need to say in the application that it will be a Kitchen or just say a living space? Are there any specific Building Regs (apart from gas and electrics) which I need to consider for conversion into a kitchen?

Thank you,

Sponsored Links
For the past few years some London BCO's have taken a keen interest in certain applications eg a kitchen in a garage.
Their computer analytica, or whatever its called must find sketchy variables in the request.
They might then send you a sort of "letter of inquiry" or even visit the premises with a social services rep.

For the past few years some London BCO's have taken a keen interest in certain applications eg a kitchen in a garage.
Their computer analytica, or whatever its called must find sketchy variables in the request.
They might then send you a sort of "letter of inquiry" or even visit the premises with a social services rep.

Any reason why? What is so special about this?

Sponsored Links
I have a relation who works in the building dept(as an admin) at Westminster, and she says that pre-Grenfell the concerns were illegal and unlicensed premises, and overcrowding in licensed properties.
Since Grenfell the heats been on for most London boroughs to check out all and any possibilities of illegal housing use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back