Garage Conversion - Outer Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am looking at converting our garage into a utility area and childrens play room. Problem is I am getting mixed messgaes from builders, people who are drawing plans and building control.

Basically the garage is attached to the house and the outer wall of the garage is not a cavity wall. It is a double brick thick wall, some people are telling us we would have to build a cavity and some are syaing we can either use inusulated board or put a stud frame up and then inuslate.

Anyone know the correct info.

Sponsored Links
Adding 40mm of pur foam board insulation to the solid 225mm thick wall will probably get you your wall u value.

i am nealrl finished completing my garage conversion. I did indeed use 40mm pir with battens over then plasterboard. I did all the drawings and submitted to building control who approved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back