Garage conversion to habitable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this a how long she a piece of string question .... but what’s the price range for converting a garage in to a room. Assuming excavate and lay need foundations for brickwork and window, block and brick door opening. Fit window. Insulate roof and 3 walls, insulate and screed floor.
Plaster and decorate. Are they priced per sq m. Just looking for rough ideas.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I know this a how long she a piece of string question .... but what’s the price range for converting a garage in to a room. Assuming excavate and lay need foundations for brickwork and window, block and brick door opening. Fit window. Insulate roof and 3 walls, insulate and screed floor.
Plaster and decorate. Are they priced per sq m. Just looking for rough ideas.

Approx 5m x 3m
Cheers

Should have asked earlier, you'd have saved thousands. This very question was asked recently and the price was much less. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Should have asked earlier, you'd have saved thousands. This very question was asked recently and the price was much less. :rolleyes:

It’s not a job I’m having done, it’s a job I have been asked to price.

Im a plumbing and heating engineer by trade who does most other works also. I work with a sparks who’s the same. However we don’t do the brickwork or plastering. Was more wondering if a job like this has a sqm price or a standard figure.

Saving thousands on 7k seems to cheap to me by the time you have building control involved and all associates trades.

I’m based in Essex, not far outside London.

It’s not a job I’m having done, it’s a job I have been asked to price.

Im a plumbing and heating engineer by trade who does most other works also. I work with a sparks who’s the same. However we don’t do the brickwork or plastering. Was more wondering if a job like this has a sqm price or a standard figure.

Saving thousands on 7k seems to cheap to me by the time you have building control involved and all associates trades.

I’m based in Essex, not far outside London.
What I was saying in a round about way, was no one on here can accurately price your conversion work.

There's many options and variables with conversions, and they could be £000's worth of difference. And that will matter much more when done as a quoted job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back