Garage lighting help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently had a garage clear out in order to make some space for my new motorbike. However, it's very dark in the garage due to only having a single light and wanted to brighten things up in order to be able to undertake bike maintenance, etc

I've uploaded some pictures of the current setup and would appreciate some ideas of what lighting I can install. One thing to note is that the ceiling is low hence not sure whether tube lights would work without hitting my head!

Sponsored Links
Why not install a Tube either side maybe 2ft from the Wall running front to back ??

Lucky

You could also fit the fluorescent tubes along the walls

pj

Sponsored Links
Yes halfway down , either side , I fit out a lot of these Concrete Sectional Garages, there are usually a couple of spare 10mm holes near the Top of each Panel , where you could bolt some Battens to the Wall to fix Fittings to , Just thought ?

Lucky

Yes halfway down , either side , I fit out a lot of these Concrete Sectional Garages, there are usually a couple of spare 10mm holes near the Top of each Panel , where you could bolt some Battens to the Wall to fix Fittings to , Just thought ?

Lucky

Thanks for the info - will check it out tomorrow

While you're at it. paint the inside of the door, and the walls, a light colour to reflect the light. Makes a huge difference.

Put 4ft fluorescent on joist after door when opened, then a couple of above worktop lights, above worktop.

I've done some further checking and will be looking to install two 5ft tubes on each side of the garage fixed to the joists and a 6ft tube above the work tops. I will also be painting the walls white in order to help brighten things up

There's no such thing as too much lighting.

I've got two 5' tubes in my garage which is a similar size.

Use vapour proof fittings as it's a garage with low ceilings. If you clunk one of the lights by accident with something, it'll save you being showered in glass.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back