garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my garage roof is leaking in places and i think it needs replacing. is this a job i could do myself, i am quite good at diy but have never done a roof before, its a flat roof . also what do you do about things like fuseboards, boiler etc to rpotect them rain whilst you are doing the jiob
thanks
Bill

Sponsored Links
A garageroof normally only takesaday to get watertight even with replacing any rotten decking, so no need to worry about your fuse board etc.

I wouldnt reccommend doing this one yourself, imo you need aprofessional roofer in, get a fewquotesfor a3 layer felt system with mineral finish, done properly will last you 30 years, we guarantee ours for 25 years normally.

Use EPDM and its very easy for DIY

There are also some self adhesive (cold bond) bitumen felts on the market now which don't require hot works

If you don't think that you will finish in a day, then just get a large tarpaulin or sheet of thick polythene as a temporary cover

Check the boards first to see if they need replacing too (ply is better than OSB), and if the fall was not very good, fix some new furring strips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back