Garage side door vs NHBC warranty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
I'm planning to install side doors to my garage. It's a new build and I have 10 years HSBC warranty which in this case will be invalidated.
The garage is detached so my assumption is that it will affect the garage warranty only - is that correct?
If I use a certified company to install the doors can I expect some kind of warranty from the builder?
thanks

Sponsored Links
lol yes NHBC. any change to the structure of the house is listed as the reason for insurance to be voided. which is reasonable as they won't take responsibility for the structural damage after any alterations.

Sponsored Links
An insurance backed guarantee from your door installer, and you assume correct, installing doors on a detached garage will not invalidate the NHBC warranty on your home.

The house warranty should remain intact. Even if the policy says otherwise it will be open to challenge.

thanks guys. i have a builder coming over on Thursday to discuss. if they can provide guarantee we should be all ok on the warranty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back