Garden office flooring - replace laminate with ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a decent laminate (wood effect) flooring in my garden office for about 8 years. It's pretty worn now, however, and I want to replace it.

I'm not sure what to replace it with:
Another laminate might be fine - but really don't want to have to do it again..
Thinking engineered wood better than solid as less sensitive to temperatures (and they can vary a bit in the room.) But finding it hard to work out who is selling something of quality and who is selling junk.

Appreciate help if you can.

Sponsored Links
I would say that you're heading in the right direction. You can normally get samples to see what the quailty is like, and you've got a choice of brushed and oiled, or laquered, the latter being harder wearing, but you need to do the whole floor to take out any scratches. Brushed and oiled scratches easier, but can be lightly sanded and reoiled in small areas to repair it. You haven't mentioned a budget, but you want go for the thickest top layer you can, as that will allow more sanding over the years. You also haven't mentioned what's under the laminate, and whether you intend to glue it, or put down insulation, and go for a floating floor.

Sponsored Links
Laminate will be tougher and harder wearing than engineered and easier to live with, you need a decent laminate though, top end Quickstep or Parador would be perfect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back