Garden path step or no step?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am putting in a garden path that will run alongside a recently built brick outbuilding and kitchen. The issue is that there is a height difference between the two building that mean I either build up and raise the ground where the outbuilding goes or I put a step in. I am leaning to the step idea as the path needs to slope down anyway. Not sure what to do about the drainage either maybe just dig deep and but some big stone under the path?
Anyone see any issues or have any ideas?

20220711_183935.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's difficult to visualise from that photo.

Generally, steps should be avoided unless necessary or to achieve some specific design intent.

It may be feasible to form a raised area at one side, and this may not be an actual step, like steps you walk up.

I don't know if this picture helps any, the path basically descends from where the picture was taken. It's the bit where the gully is that I can't picture what to do, maybe just angle the slabs? The outbuilding will be in the damp zone unavoidable because of air bricks and window heights etc.
20220711_202745.jpg

Sponsored Links
Perhaps a photo standing right back that shows what's to the left of that last photo and whats beyond the out building.

Presumably it's not just a narrow path along the walls that you are thinking about?

Yeah that's a bout 4m wide strip of garden following path down ( going to be grass).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back