garden shed gutter detail

Sponsored Links
I wanted to make some supports from off-cuts of timber.

was hoping for something that wouldn't require an offcut
This is getting a little confusing , can't you just post a pic and say how wide the overhang is, how it's formed, and the length of the gutter run.
I have never had a problem fixing gutters on a tin sheet roof with wide overhang so can't really see this being much different.

DetailV2.jpg
DetailsV3.jpg

I like the banding idea because it saves me having to fit an offcut. 600mm along sounds better than 1 meter apart. The shed is a little exposed to the south west for my liking.
Trouble is the guttering will slide about in the sling of the banding. The clips are cheap, 82pence each. I would need about £10 worth.
My main concern is fitting the off cut to the underside of the roof so that it's sturdy. The roof construction is 2x4 with plywood paneling.
I suppose I should go and inspect the half round brackets and see what depth I'll need to make the offcuts https://www.toolstation.com/112mm-half-round-fascia-bracket/p22015
Alternatively I could fit offcuts at either end of the shed and run a fascia and then fit brackets directly onto it. Probably easier and more labour saving.

Detail V4.jpg

Jesus H Christ 90 degree gutter angles are expensive, a tenner each?? f***

Sponsored Links
my thoughts for a cheap job
68mm drain pipe cut in half [band saw]
2x2 treated screwed under lip full length 20mm back from the felt
drill a hole through the half drain pipe both sides 10mm from the top edge
90-100mm screw into the holes both sides about every 5-600mm along its length

Your first illustration is the way I do it but with angle cut on the top equal to the slope of the roof so front edge where bracket fits is vertical
To fix the wood to the underside,bore holes a bit larger than fixing screw head size to sink it deep enough to use a shorter screw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back