Garden shed roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The recent downpours mean the felt which I think is bitumen coated is now leaking badly so I really need to replace.

My gut reaction was to put new felt on top of the old (an extra layer) but I think that's not recommended though not sure why?

Is shed felt pretty standard? Just looking for a type that should last a reasonable few years. The shed's only 8x6ft so presumably I should be able get without buying loads?

Sponsored Links
Did mine recently, took all the old stuff off to let th wood in the roof dry off.
I then gave it a coat of felt adhesive (black) Left it to dry then put the felt on. Seems to be ok..
I bought 1 roll of felt. You can get it in 5/10/15 year versions. Did the whole of my 8x6 shed ok..!

You get what you pay for with felt.

You can buy anything from a two bit felt that is like tissue paper (generic shed felt) up to high quality stuff that is akin to rubber matting.

I usually go for a decent (heavyish) green mineral felt that will usually see out the shed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back